Originally posted to the ubuntu-announce mailing list on Thu Oct 19 13:08:46 UTC 2017 by Adam Conrad, on behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team
Adam Conrad, on behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team, has spun up a set of images for everyone with serial 20171015.
Those images are *not* final images (ISO volid and base-files are still
not set to their final values), intentionally, as we had some hiccups
with langpack uploads that are landing just now.
That said, we need as much testing as possible, bugs reported (and, if
you can, fixed), so we can turn around and have slightly more final
images produced on Monday morning. If we get no testing, we get no
fixing, so no time like the present to go bug-hunting.
Originally posted to the ubuntu-release mailing list on Sun Oct 15 05:40:12 UTC 2017 by Adam Conrad on behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team
Adam Conrad, on behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team is pleased to announce that artful has entered the Final Freeze period in preparation for the final release of Ubuntu 17.10 next week.
The current uploads in the queue will be reviewed and either accepted or rejected as appropriate by pre-freeze standards, but anything from here on should fit two broad categories:
1) Release critical bugs that affect ISOs, installers, or otherwise can’t be fixed easily post-release.
2) Bug fixes that would be suitable for post-release SRUs, which we may choose to accept, reject, or shunt to -updates for 0-day SRUs on a case-by-base basis.
For unseeded packages that aren’t on any media or in any supported sets, it’s still more or less a free-for-all, but do take care not to upload changes that you can’t readily validate before release. That is, ask yourself if the current state is “good enough”, compared to the burden of trying to fix all the bugs you might accidentally be introducing with your shiny new upload.
We will shut down cronjobs and spin some RC images late Friday or early Saturday once the archive and proposed-migration have settled a bit, and we expect everyone with a vested interest in a flavour (or two) and a few spare hours here and there to get to testing to make sure we have another uneventful release next week. Last minute panic is never fun.
Originally posted to the ubuntu-release mailing list on Fri Oct 13 08:42 UTC 2017 by Adam Conrad on behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team
Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter. This is issue #520 for the weeks of September 19 – October 2, 2017, and the full version is available here.
In this issue we cover:
- Announcing the new Ubuntu Community Council
- Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful Aardvark) Final Beta released
- LoCo Events
- Dustin Kirkland: Results of the Ubuntu Desktop Applications Survey
- Didier Roche: Ubuntu GNOME Shell in Artful (Continued)
- Kubuntu Team: Call for design: Artful Banner for Kubuntu.org website
- Canonical News
- In The Blogosphere
- In Other News
- Featured Audio and Video
- Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Updates and Security for 14.04, 16.04, and 17.04
- And much more!
The issue of The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by:
- Simon Quigley
- Chris Guiver
- Athul Muralidhar
- And many others
Except where otherwise noted, content in this issue is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License BY SA Creative Commons License