Welcome to the Ubuntu-Arizona Weekly Newsletter, Issue #105 for the week August 17, August 23.
* Arizona Loco Newsletter
* One Hundred Fifth Edition
* Powered by Ubuntu
* Wednesday-August 26, 2009
* Arizona Loco Team Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam
* Next meeting: Sunday August 30, 2009 9:00 PM
* Server: Freenode: IRC Channel #ubuntu-us-az
In This Issue
* Announcements: Fourth Ubuntu Developer Week! August 31st - September 4th, 2009. https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2009-August/0006... . Karmic Ubuntu Netbook Remix (UNR) packages are now open for translation. https://translations.launchpad.net/unr . The Ubuntu Global Jam is an incredible opportunity for the Ubuntu community to unite together around the weekend of 2nd - 4th Oct 2009 to work together to improve Ubuntu. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam .
* Discussion on the Tucson installfest: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1244718
* PLUG announcements: PLUG west side is this Wednesday. It will be a different temporary location. http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/node/352 . Phoenix Installfest also this Saturday for those who don't go down to Tucson. http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/node/135 . ABLEconf has added a FOSS dev camp on Friday and a FOSS LAN party on Sunday. Work on those will start in a few weeks. The Call For Presentations went out last week. Early bird proposals are due in two weeks. Short version for including in emails, etc.: http://www.ABLEconf.com/node/30 . Long version when only providing a link: http://www.ABLEconf.com/2009/Phoenix/cfp . TEDx is coming to Phoenix and looking for presentation input. http://www.tedxphoenix.com/2009/08/who-do-you-want-to-see-at-tedxphoenix... . Software Freedom Day is coming up in a few weeks.http://www.SoftwareFreedomDay.org/ . Mark Shuttleworth was interviewed Monday for Gutsy Geeks. It should be broadcast two weeks from yesterday [Ed. Note: That would be 2 weeks from Saturday, August 22, 2009]. http://www.GutsyGeeks.com/
Read the whole thing at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/Newsletters/09August26